The guidance department compiled a resource that contains reminders and information as you approach graduation, which starts before your senior year. This resource also includes information needed to prepare for the transition to college or a career after high school. These items include ACT dates and information, graduation requirements, college information, scholarship information, and financial aid. This is only intended as a guide. For more specific information, please contact the Clay Guidance Department. Future Planning - PDF
Parents and students who are interested in College Credit Plus, please see the information posted on the Ohio Department of Education website.
Parents and students are REQUIRED to attend the annual meetings scheduled by the local school district before being permitted to participate in this program.
For additional information, please contact Mr. Hayes, Clay HS guidance counselor.
Attention Seniors! Scholarship Locator
General Scholarship Information
1. Pay close attention to deadlines.
2. Bring your college applications to the guidance office when completed. The guidance department will help you check the application, make a copy for your file, add a transcript, and mail it for you as a complete package, if necessary.
3. If the scholarship requires a letter or recommendation, give the person you ask to write the letter plenty of time to get it written (at least a week's notice).
4. Never pay anyone for scholarship searches.
5. When the scholarships ask for a list of activities, be creative as long as you are accurate and factual. Include youth groups or other activities even if they are not school related.
6. If you know what colleges you are considering, let the guidance department know. They can contact individual colleges to see what scholarships they may have available.
7. Some colleges and universities that require an application fee will waive the fee if you apply online.
** This site will be updated on a regular basis. Please check back often for updates. You should check with the guidance department for specific dates and deadlines.
This article provides students and parents with some basic links and information. For more specific information, please contact the Clay Guidance Department.